good stuff this week
 [pop up music player] 

Thursday
March
5
Cursive, Beach Slang, Megafauna
Cat's Cradle, Carrboro


Thursday
March
5
Naked Naps, John Galm and The Grapes
Kings, Raleigh


Thursday
March
5
Dexter Romweber, Boogie Reverie
The Pinhook, Durham


photo: Dexter Romweber
music in the groovo.org player: Dexter Romweber


Thursday
March
5
Two Cow Garage, The Ts, Car Crash Star
Pour House, Raleigh


Thursday
March
5
Emilyn Brodsky, The Prettiots, Tall Tall Trees
Slim's, Raleigh


Thursday
March
5
Breathers, Oulipo, Adult Science
Tir Na Nog, Raleigh


Thursday
March
5
BLKKATHY, Animal Weapon
Local 506, Chapel Hill


Thursday
March
5
The Dagmar Bumpers
The Station, Carrboro


Thursday
March
5
Dr. Wow, Ivy Stone, Amongst All, Cooney
Deep South (The Bar), Raleigh


Friday
March
6
Cantwell, Gomez, Jordan, Pipe, Whatever Brains, Whorecough
Nightlight, Chapel Hill
This is a release party for the excellent new Cantwell, Gomez & Jordan album, "Half-Finished Bobcat," which is the one where they all three sound like they're playing different parts something like 95% of the time, but then the other 5% of the time they lock in to the tightest groove imaginable.

Also there is a song named for me, obliquely, for which I am genuinely touched.


photo: Anne Gomez - Local 506 - July 15, 2006
music in the groovo.org player: Cantwell, Gomez, Jordan, Pipe
video(s) on their page(s): Cantwell, Gomez, Jordan
permalink


Friday
March
6
Jon Shain, Lynn Blakey
Cat's Cradle Back Room, Carrboro


Friday
March
6
Of Montreal, Yonatan Gat
Cat's Cradle, Carrboro
music in the groovo.org player: Of Montreal


Friday
March
6
French Horn Rebellion, Boulevards, Suburban Living
Kings, Raleigh


Friday
March
6
Kiff, Gash, Old Codger, Dumpster
Slim's, Raleigh


Friday
March
6
The Everymen, Amigo, Silver Dollar Switchblade
The Cave, Chapel Hill


Friday
March
6
Outer Spaces, Lace Curtains
Nice Price Books, Raleigh


Friday
March
6
Matt Phillips, Seth Ennis, Rebekah Todd
Local 506, Chapel Hill


Friday
March
6
Calabrese, Poison Anthem, Motorbilly, Sibannac
The Maywood, Raleigh
music in the groovo.org player: Motorbilly


Friday
March
6
Jeff Hart & the Ghosts of the Old North State, Doug Davis and the Solid Citizens
The Kraken, Chapel Hill


Friday
March
6
Archbishops of Blount Street, Murphy's Kids, The Oatmeal Conspiracy
Pour House, Raleigh


Friday
March
6
The Record Collection, Gainsay, Invaluable
Motorco Music Hall, Durham


Saturday
March
7
Dexter Romweber
The Station, Carrboro
music in the groovo.org player: Dexter Romweber


Saturday
March
7
Chadwick Stokes
Cat's Cradle Back Room, Carrboro


Saturday
March
7
Ukiah Drag, Whorecough, Bandages
Nice Price Books, Raleigh


Saturday
March
7
The Wiley Fosters, Curtis Eller's American Circus
The Kraken, Chapel Hill
This is a Lou Reed birthday tribute & I have no idea how that duty has fallen to these two bands in particular, unless maybe everyone else bailed after that Metallica thing.
permalink


Saturday
March
7
Hammer No More the Fingers, Wild Fur, First Person Plural
Pour House, Raleigh


photo: Hammer No More the Fingers - Cat's Cradle - October 6, 2007
music in the groovo.org player: Hammer No More the Fingers
video(s) on their page(s): Hammer No More the Fingers


Saturday
March
7
Those Manic Seas, Past Prayers, Mike Nicolai
The Cave, Chapel Hill


Saturday
March
7
Lay Away, Needle Points, Dim Delights
Slim's, Raleigh


Saturday
March
7
Hydrabadd, Funkss, Tennis Rodman, Chocolate Rice
Kings, Raleigh


Saturday
March
7
Hundred Waters, Mitski
Local 506, Chapel Hill


Saturday
March
7
MoDenA, Nothing Without, Aeonic
The Maywood, Raleigh
music in the groovo.org player: MoDenA


Saturday
March
7
Faith and Scars, Chaos by Candlelight, Echo the Aftermath, Dizzy Parker, The Williams Two
Deep South (The Bar), Raleigh


Saturday
March
7
Rob Nance and the Lost Souls, The Kodiak Farm Boys
The Pinhook, Durham


Not enough for you? There are fun interactive maps to the clubs via the Google Maps API.

Other ways to get this info:

1) The handheld-optimized version of the site, or a new simplified text version of this page, for you lo-fi fans.

2) An RSS feed. AND! A weekly oggcast! (OK, it's just my WXDU radio show.)

3) An iCal feed of all the listed shows, updated nightly.

4) This listing is posted once or twice a week to ch-scene, the mailing list which is itself a mirror of alt.music.chapel-hill.

5) For you web 2.0 fans, we have a facebook app *and* a Twitter account.

6) This amuses me:
site hosted by ibiblio.org
links to these pages are welcomed
deep linking to photos, videos or music files is a drag

bands/people depicted on this site, in text, images, sound or video files, retain control
of their likenesses and have the right to reuse this content in any manner they so choose

Creative Commons License
for all others, this work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

contact via email at

The FTC can suck it.